Being a veteran I understand how hard it is to start over. Before I started my career and lasvegasrealestate.org I too found it hard to adapt to civilian life again. Thankfully I had a helping hand right before failing in my 2nd year and being on financial aid probation. That little help changed my life and I was able to stay in college and graduate with a degree in Chemistry minor in Business.
Now It’s My Turn to Help a Brother or Sister Vet
So, we’re offering a scholarship for veterans who have served overseas for at least two years and wishes to get back into education.
Our scholarship is unique in that grade point average or passing grades up to this point do not matter.
This scholarship recognizes that most veterans returning home have to start over in their education. Must veterans have to retake Basic English and Math just to get reacquainted with the education system. Some veterans fail or get incomplete their first year just trying to re-adapt back to civilian life.
This scholarship is for the Veteran who has at least been enrolled 3 semesters, may be failing, but has at least passed English 101 and Pre-Algebra.
What Does Matter
This scholarship will be for US Veterans of any branch
- Must have spent at least 29 days overseas.
- Must have completed 2 years of active duty.
- Must have been enrolled at least 3 semesters in college.
- Must have at least a part time job working 20+ hours a week.
- Must have at least passed English 101 and Pre-Algebra(just needs passing grade)
- Must submit DD-214
- Must submit proof of enrolment for last 3 semesters
The Award for this Scholarship is:
$1000 + $500 Bonus with $1000 to be paid to college as credit towards books, tuition, or housing
and $500 to be paid direct to student at end of semester if they get a passing grade in classes.
Terms and Conditions for Participation
A video entry will be submitted
Participation Terms for our review. This video should be no less than 2 minutes in length and address a few of the following questions:
- What course you are studying
- Why you are studying that course
- How it will change your life
- Post qualification aspirations
How Videos Are Judged
While the entries are being viewed, they will be judged on clarity, creativity as well as the quality of comments on the aforementioned topics.
Entries must be uploaded onto YouTube with this following title “Las Vegas Real Estate Veteran Scholarship”. You will also be required to place a link in the description that leads to the scholarship main page.
Once these steps have been properly followed, you can then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to the video you have created and this information:
-Name of the university/college you are enrolled in.
-Proof that you are currently enrolled or accepted into the college or university mentioned.
-Your choice field of study
Understand that when you submit your video you are giving us permission to use the content for promotional and marketing purposes. Furthermore, we ask that you publicize your winnings so that others can know about your success and this scholarship in the future.
We are open to awarding this in May 2018 before the next semester begins. As grades are not a factor, the student veteran can submit any time up to May 31st 2018.
Latest posts by William Margita (see all)
- Infograph Las Vegas Real Estate Market 2017 - July 22, 2017
- Las Vegas Breaks Tourism Record 3rd Year in a Row with 42.9+ Million Visitors - June 27, 2017
- 3 1/2 Projects in Las Vegas That Cost Over $10 Billion to be Completed by 2020 - June 25, 2017